Never underestimate the power of a dazzling smile.
Losing your teeth doesn’t have to mar your smile forever. Thanks to significant advancements in dentistry, including the introduction of flexible dentures, there are now various options available to restore your smile to its former glory. Whether you’re considering traditional dentures or the innovative flexible dentures, there’s a solution to fit your budget and lifestyle.
Here’s what you need to know about flexible dentures.
What Are Flexible Dentures?
Dentures are dental devices used to replace some or all missing teeth. They are an alternative to traditional dentures and can be used to replace all or some of your teeth, depending on your needs. These dentures are made from porcelain, acrylic resin, metal, and plastic.
However, what sets flexible dentures apart is their construction from a thin thermoplastic material that can bend and flex to fit into your mouth comfortably.
Why Do You Need Flexible Dentures?
Teeth need to be strong enough to facilitate thorough chewing and comfortable eating. You shouldn’t be experiencing discomfort while eating, and the best dentures will do that for you while mimicking the feel of your natural teeth. This is where flexible partial dentures come into play.
The reason flexible dentures are so popular is because of how quickly gums adapt to the material. These dentures are manufactured using nylon which is less rigid than the typical denture materials and much lighter.
The Benefits Of Flexible Dentures
If you’re still considering your teeth placement options, understanding the benefits of flexible dentures can be a game-changer.
- One of the biggest significant benefits of flexible dentures is their adaptability. They quickly conform to the shape of your mouth, making them a perfect choice for those new to wearing dentures or those with irregularities in their oral structures.
- Flexible dentures are designed to mimic the look of natural gums and teeth. They deliver a seamless, natural appearance, enhancing your smile without giving away the fact that you’re wearing dentures.
- Unlike traditional dentures, flexible ones are highly resistant to wear and tear. The material they’re made from doesn’t scratch or stain easily, ensuring they retain their fresh look for longer.
- Despite their flexible nature, these dentures are strong enough to handle all types of food. So, you can enjoy your favourite meals without worry, enhancing your overall quality of life.
- Flexible dentures are easy to clean and maintain. Their smooth, nonporous surface doesn’t harbour bacteria, contributing to better oral health.
- Flexible dentures are less likely to break or crack if accidentally dropped, thanks to the resilient materials used in their construction. This durability makes them a cost-effective choice in the long run.
Flexible Dentures Repair And Care
Your natural teeth require regular maintenance, and dentures are no different, whether you choose flexible dentures or traditional ones.
Though flexible dentures are durable, they are still delicate when it comes to the cleaning routine. You should pay them the same care as you would for a less durable traditional denture set.
Due to its flexibility, a flexible denture is prone to bacterial buildup, particularly around the base. This is perhaps the major disadvantage in opting for a flexible denture, but as long as you follow the proper maintenance routine, there won’t be an issue.
Just as you would clean your natural teeth twice a day; you should do the same with your dentures.
Your dentist will provide you with care instructions for your particular dental prosthetic.
- While it’s possible to keep your dentures in permanently, most dentists would encourage you to give your gums a break.
- Though they’re durable, you should still exercise caution if you’re eating particularly sticky, hard or hot foods. Chew thoroughly and slowly.
- Soak your dentures in the appropriate solution when you remove them, give them a gentle (but thorough) brush and rinse them well before you wear them again.
If you experience any issues with your flexible dentures, you should contact a trusted dentist to carry out flexible denture repairs.
We provide a free consultation to accurately identify the appropriate cost for all denture fittings, repairs, and implants.
We offer AfterPay, so you can have the work done now and worry about payment later. This is available at all of our clinics; you can spread the cost of your treatment without additional fees or exorbitant interest rates.
You can apply easily, and the process moves quickly, with instant approval if you’re eligible. Once approved, you can use the checkout system at your dental clinic.
If you’re over 18 and possess an Australian debit (or credit) card, you can apply for the AfterPay program. You can download the app on your phone to review your spending limit if approved. The app will show you your payment schedule, with the first payment taken two weeks after your treatment.
How Aesthetic Dental & Denture Clinic Camden Can Help
At Aesthetic Dental & Denture Clinic, we provide various services, from denture repair and flexible denture repairs to teeth whitening and emergency dentist in Camden.
Choosing the right prosthetic and dentist is a big decision, and we’re happy to answer any of your questions or advise you about your dental options and which might be most appropriate. If you’re looking for a dentist in Camden, book a free consultation with our team. Whether you’re in the market for new dentures, veneers, or have questions about a dental procedure, we’re here to assist.